I am partial to my first essay about my friend Pam. I like how it turned out. At first, it was very emotional for me to tell this story, but I was able to move through the pain and put it in perspective. Writing this helped me put less emphasis on the accident and more on her and our friendship. I initially thought that I would make more of a metaphor out of the train ride, but I think it would just be a distraction to interject different stops and make connections to the story. I received some positive feedback about beginning and ending the story with the train ride. I read this story at the National Day of Writing and I like how it sounded. I was able to express my feelings and the story was interesting and powerful. I will change the names before I send it out and maybe the title if I can think of a new one.
No comments:
Post a Comment