Monday, October 26, 2009

Blog 13

My Portable Permanency

There are a few things I always need to bring with me before I leave the house - money, keys, glasses, phone, tissues. The list can get long, but the most important thing is my pen. My pen is an extension of my hand, my mind, my thoughts. It puts out to the world my innermost feelings. Granted, sometimes I only write a shopping list, reminders or appointments, but these are a part of me as well, and very important. Oh, there are other modes of expression - eyes, face, voice, hands. It has been said that body language is the most revealing; however, writing is the most permanent. Oh, yes, there is white-out. I always have that with me too, by the way. That way, if my expression is not exactly correct, I just change it. Then my correction becomes permanent. I may have changed, but my writing has not. Therefore whenever I want to remain permanent, that is, forever and unchanged , I just take out my pen and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment