My proposed focus is to show how memories are tied to physical locals. The object is the World Trade Center. I am including physical descriptions and comparable personal memories before and after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Specifically, I will discuss when I worked at the World Trade Center and compare it to when I visited shortly after the attacks. I welcome comments from my classmates.
Story begins here:
It was inevitable. I have to see lower Manhattan after the attacks. Not that I need to see the destruction. I could see that on the news. But to see what was left of a place where I had once felt so comfortable.
I leave the subway and already everything feels different. I walk past a firehouse. It displays a memorial. No one I know. I pass a store selling 9/11 terrorist attack memorabilia. I am really not in the mood. I look it over and am assured that it is respectful. I can’t see the towers. They are not there. I walk toward where they had been.
To be continued...
------------
I received a lot of validation for my story from my group members in class. I will tell a story of my visit to lower Manhattan after the terrorist attacks. I will tell the story of walking around the terrorist site and interject stories about what I had experienced in lower Manhattan prior to the attacks. I will discuss how on this visit after the attacks I stopped by a memorial for dead, missing and injured firefighters and how my cousin's name was listed with the missing and how I coincidentally met my sister at the memorial.
172+ Lexus rx 2020 350 edmunds first - Used lexus rx 350 for sale near me
-
If you are searching about used lexus rx 350 for sale near me you've visit
to the right place. We have 34 used lexus rx 350 for sale near me ideas
like 2...
1 year ago
I hope our discussion was helpful to you, and we gave you some direction. You're right about how some things are diffucult to address becuase we have the fear that others will be angry or offended, and its tough to write through denial; whether it be our own or someone else's denial. I really like the idea of starting the story on that Friday you went to visit the site and moving backward to the actual attacks. I'm looking forward to reading your essay.
ReplyDeleteYeah, you seem to know what you're doing. I'm expecting good things. What does it mean when your home becomes so different that it's not even the same place anymore?
ReplyDelete