Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blog 18 - Description of a Familiar Place

The carpet and drapes are heavy. The throw pillows are arranged. Plants hang from the window. The sunshine raises the room’s temperature and permeates the room.

The sun warms the easy chair with the sleeping cat. His white nose, paws and tail are hidden. He blends into the black chair. His breathing is barely discernable. He stretches out writhing sensuously in the warm sunshine. His white markings are now visible but not his closed eyes.

A truck’s horn blows through the closed window. He sits up like a lion. His green eyes focus. He is fully dressed, every hair in place, his tuxedo straight. He looks around. Noting nothing of interest, he curls back down and continues his nap.

3 comments:

  1. Is this a sitting or reading room? I like the description of the cat, is it yours? Very rich imagery! :) "He is fully dressed, every hair in place, his tuxedo straight." Love it haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could really visualize the descriptions you had written... Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good description! I won't try to decipher any meaning out of this but I do like taking it as it for what it is.

    ReplyDelete